Roasted Beetroot, Pela Pepper Salad
100 Grams Pela Pepper
100 Grams Roasted Beetroot
30 Grams Roasted Pine Kernel’s
60 Grams Danish Feta
30 Grams Mixed baby leaf lettuce
100 Grams Cherry tomatoes
100 Grams Sugar Snap peas
40 Mls Balsamic Vinegar
40 Mls Olive oil
2 Tbsp Honey
2 Tsp Finely chopped thyme
6 Tbsp Pepperdrop Pesto
METHOD FOR THE ROASTED BEETROOT
- Pre heat oven to 180 Degrees Celsius
- In a large saucepan cover 4 beetroot bulbs with hot water and boil for around 1 hour or until soft right through to the centre.
- Remove beetroot from pot and peel them, the skins will come off very easily once boiled.
- Cube your beetroot and add olive oil, honey, balsamic vinegar & fresh thyme.
- Mix all these ingredients together well and roast in oven for about 30 min mixing the beetroot every 10 min.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Whilst waiting for your beetroot rinse all salad ingredients well. Top & tail your sugar snap peas, cut cherry tomatoes into quarters.
- Cube Danish feta and lightly roast your pine kernels in the oven at 180 Degrees and be careful because they roast very quickly.
- Arrange lettuce, pela peppers and remaining ingredients in a salad bowl or platter
- Drizzle the salad with remaining dressing from the roasting dish you prepared your beetroot.
- Lastly add the pela pepper pesto and enjoy.
* Recipe by Chef Paul Eaton